Monday, December 6, 2010

O.S.I: Free(dom)

Hi all,
This poem is written for O.S.I. The theme this week is free(dom). I've also woven in my sixth day of Christmas: Six Geese A Laying : )

Horses dream of flying
Her father fancied
His voice echoed in the shadows
Down the valley and shallow creek
Jules astounded, stretched against his knees
Her eyes beseeching him to speak

They trot in open fields
Galloping wide into the sunset
Stretching in the heavenly stars
The wind riding in their mane

Reaching the border of a farmer’s fence
Kicking and neighing with all their might
Laying their heads upon the post
They retire to green pastures
Gnawing on dew grass

They marveled at birds in blue skies
Soaring beyond their reach
Six geese laying their wings
Against their worn, old backs
Taunting them to fly at last

Conquering freedom, soaring fast
Beyond their imprisoned gates
Jules had followed papa
Where the horses neighed


9 comments:

eyeography said...

Beautiful poem...
and I love how you are increasing the number everyday.. :)

bel said...

Oh what fun it is to include the 12 Days of Christmas in a new poem every day. Hey!

For real. That's a fun challenge.

And another beautiful poem.

Ramesh Sood said...

A good poem this!

Geraldine said...

An intriguing take on this prompt, nicely done!

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com
www.veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com

Kilauea Poetry said...

Nice weave- I think you picked this up nicely toward the end too! I've been enjoying your six days! Have yourself a nice evening and stay warm:)

Shail Raghuvanshi said...

Ah ha! Write Girl. What a right way to write a poem on freedom!

Hazel Farlough said...

I love it!

septembermom said...

Beautifully done once again, my friend.

WORKERV said...

What a treat! When i get so busy that i can't
seem to find time to check you out i brake
a loose while my little great grand is sleeping and Did My HEART GOOD....