Monday, October 3, 2011

Language (O.S.I.)

Hi all,

I've reached 500 posts!! Thanks for all the visits, readers, and kind comments on my site. Blogging has stretched my writing and imagination in so many ways. I am truly grateful and blessed to have a forum to express my joy of writing.

I'm happy to share today's poem with O.S.I. The theme this week is language.

In the tongue
Of calling birds
Swaying trees
And crunching leaves

In the dialect
Of morning hymns
Spiritual chants
A happy dance

In the whisper
Of holding hands
Releasing lips
And parting home

I endeavor
To take up
The language
Of your soul

9 comments:

C Will said...

Hey WG,
What can I say you leave me shaking my head. I enjoy your beautiful and yes vivid writing style you are amazing I can't say enough about this piece. You have mastered making me think and feel something new each time.!!!!:p

Cynthia said...

A gorgeous poem, very lyrical also.

void said...

this is a beautiful poem and I enjoyed reading it. Such beautiful imagery!

Harshad Mehta said...

So beautiful, so silent!

Mary said...

This is lovely. (And congratulations on 500 posts!)

- Yvonaut -
Das sind Raphael und Yvonne
said...

Beautiful poem!

Kathie Brown said...

Okay, you win the prize for the best poem I have read all day! Love this! Of course, it does have "birds" in it! :-)

SandyCarlson said...

And what a beautiful endeavor it is! This is a gorgeous poem.

septembermom said...

Congratulations to talented and wonderful you!!! It's always a treat to come and visit you.
This poem is terrific and very lyrical :)