Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Loons & Fools

This is a free style poem I was inspired to write today. Hope you enjoy!

Loons and fools
They go together~I guess
If it's all the same to you
I will play a fool
On the edge of darkness
Waiting for your luminous smile to spread

Some profess themselves to be wise
Not I
I am young drifting in wide sky
The creatures they preach
And God speaks
I have but a small place in this life

The loons and fools
They go together~I guess
And confess their thoughts and dreams
Somehow we all coalesce

6 comments:

Kilauea Poetry said...

(Lol) creatures preach and God speaks..and your right, we do somehow coalese. Well this was sharp, really enjoyed it! Wishing you a good evening-

Jim said...

The fool on the edge of darkness, waiting ...
I am thinking that the loon is nearby since
they go together ~ I guess.
I'm teasing a little, W.B. But I haven't
figured everything out in this cute little
poem quite yet. :)
Not wise here also in my small place.
..

BlueShell said...

Well...I LOVE IT!!!
thank you! I'll come again, ok?

void said...

Your words are always so beautiful, and put together so intricately! Are you working on a poetry book? If not, you should be!

Darryl Fabia said...

You are so fucking amazing. Your wordplay is like... lots of pretty things and metaphors for pretty things. But more importantly than that, you're always saying something striking or heartfelt or both.

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Thanks for the visit and encouraging comments. Hoping all is well with you. God bless, Lloyd