Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Faith

The other day my eyes wandered on the scripture: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. It provided much needed inspiration for my daily tasks and shaped my latest poem.

Ink black is the sky
But my eyes flicker
Towards the horizon
The burgeoning flame of hope
Rising like the morning star
And faith cradling me
From the precipice below
Despairs closing eye
A feverish sigh
Steadily climbing upward
Till the heavenly stars
Twinkle in my hair
From above all sorrows melt
The velvet coat of night
Lightens and heightens its gaze
Upon heavenly glory

Now faith is the substance
Of things hoped for
Brimming and overflowing
From the spirit
Cascading like a waterfall
Deepening wells of hope
Quenches the thirst of many
Prayers crying out
Grasping on the tails of faith

7 comments:

Kilauea Poetry said...

To me, this is honestly one of the best! I love
burgeoning flame of hope
To me, this is honestly one of the best! I love
"..burgeoning flame of hope
Rising like the morning star
And faith cradling me
From the precipice below" I can sense a bit of life's struggles with what only the assurance of hope can bring- toughens us up giving us more depth and balances out becoming too soft. Keeping it real- faith is a blessed thing- Thanks-

Anonymous said...

Nice one..
One of the best works that I have seen in recent times...
Short verses that cry out loud the feelings of many..
Awesome work..
Keep up and keep writing!!

septembermom said...

"Ink black" - really great opening. This may be my favorite poem of yours. Terrific!

Judith Ellis said...

Oh, thank you, thank you, lovely poet. You are so good with painting simple images, leaving memorable powerful impressions.

Nadege said...

hey, made-right[write] girl - you are gifted.
"and faith is cradling me", I've written that
in my heart. one of my favorite verses that
has running through my heart lately -


because you have been my help
therefore in the shadow of your wings
I will rejoice
my soul follows close behind you
your right hand upholds me

{{hugs}}
nadege

workerv said...

Thanks, thanks, thanks. Hope springs eternal
and faith open the doors. You say what so
many feel and bury silently. Grasping the tail
of Faith. love ya!

Saadi said...

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

WOW!!!

When inspired from something so beautiful it's no wonder the creation is so amazing!