Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Unwatered Garden

Hi all,

This is a poem I wrote reflecting life's many hardships and the quest for peace.

I will not water you today
Or tomorrow
I will not water you
With my sorrows
I’ve borrowed
The last of myself
Tears no longer
Give themselves freely

I’ve extended myself too far
I’ve rummaged my soul too deep
Let the murmuring cease
Let the dry places reap
Let the heavens care for you
Nurture you from her spring

I’ll tend to myself
Let the roots sink deep
And sigh into the sun
Dipping light into me

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Talk about universal ... wow :-) Nice work!

Kilauea Poetry said...

Wow, I liked this..well done- so very lovely and reflective!

Hazel Farlough said...

Amazing!(Sorry I have not been on recently I've had a lot to do)

C Will said...

Hey WG,
This poem reminds me of 10 seconds left in the fourth quarter....nothing but net!!!!The crowd goes wild!!!:p one of a kind terrific!

man on the hill said...

beautiful.... so full of heart..=)

septembermom said...

It's such a pleasure to visit you! I'm having fun catching up with your posts.