Monday, May 3, 2010

The Angel's Seat



Hi bloggers,


Here is another story for Thursday's Tales. The accompanying photo was provided by PORG.

His soul drifted to an invisible seat. The east winds swirled about him. His eyes wandered west towards the future. An angel beat her wings against his back. Her feathers were silver tipped and dipped in sunlight. She was adorned in a white dress and a crown of white roses.

“Choose the path you seek,” she commanded. The earth grew still until he heard the faint beating of his heart. Sweat dropped from his brow like rain. He agonized over returning to his lost past. But he desired to know his future.

“I chose my future,” he answered.

“Follow me,” she sang and her wings expanded in the wind. An ethereal light fell upon her brow. He caught the scent of her hair wafting. He sunk in the chair, and the fragrant garden parted. He woke from his revelry. The angel was gone.

7 comments:

Rigel said...

This is great flash fiction, Write Girl. I like how the words sort of flow like poetry and yet tell a clear story (not that poetry does not.) You had me hooked at the very first word.

Oh, and while I'm here, since you commented on some of my NaPoWriMo posts at my blog, I'd like to ask for your permission to use said comments in an anthology I'll be making available online for free.

Thanks. :)

Kilauea Poetry said...

You outdid yourself on this one! I really enjoyed it! Exceptional piece Katina!
Have a great evening,
Regina-

JStar said...

Very angelic...Love it!

septembermom said...

Awesome job!! The words just move right into the heart of poetry.

Opaque said...

An angelic post!

Amity said...

Hi Write Girl;

LOved this story so much! I wish to be like that angel..but how...?

Your rendition is very rich with prosaic words, that made it even more awesome!

Mine is up now!

Vinay Leo R. said...

yes.. really powerful stuff Katina.. thanks for sharing! :)